The California Youth Council (CYC) is a statewide council of young people committed to raising awareness on youth issues. Young people are competent and capable citizens who have an interest in their community. Youth development is not only discussed in CYC meetings, but it is also practiced! High school age youth from all parts of California, with different opinions and experiences, make up the CYC. The common thread that holds this diverse group together is, all are committed to making positive change happen in their communities.
For more information about the CYC:
The CFNLP is now accepting applications for membership of the 2019 California Youth Council. Applications are to be submitted through e-mail (KellieG@tcoe.org) or fax (559) 737-4231 by December 3rd, 2018.
- Janet Salcedo – Fresno County
- Nailea Lazarit – Fresno County
- Valeria Salazar – Fresno County
- Heather Livingston – Mariposa County
- Cameron Causey – Napa County
- Tammy Van – Orange County
- Chyanne Morrison – Plumas County
- Deep Joshi – Santa Clara County
- Tara Khanna – Solano County
- Raiven Mesa – Solano County
Produced by CYC, CFNLP, and SAMHSA
- “Count Me In… features California youths and community leaders who highlight the importance of underage drinking prevention and challenge fellow Californians to get involved in local efforts. This video was produced through the SAMHSA/CSAP Underage Drinking Prevention Education Initiatives (UADPEI) in an ongoing collaboration with States and Territories to produce videos that support local underage drinking prevention communications efforts.” –http://www.samhsa.gov/